Friends of Saxmundham Free School
What we do:
As with all PTAs, our aim is to raise funds to provide ‘extras’ for the students. Recent examples of donations would be Transport to the Leavers Ball, Grant towards Tom’s Memorial Garden and the school’s stage lighting.
Our other role is to support the school at functions, Open Evenings etc., which normally involves tea trolley duties and catering!
Dates for your diary
Friday 30th November 2018: Christmas Fair, 4.30 – 6.00pm
Thursday 6th December 2018: Disco, 6.30 – 8.30pm
Thursday 14th February 2019: Disco, 6.30 – 8.30pm
Friday 22nd March 2019: Race Night / Quiz
Friday 3rd May: Quiz / Chips
Saturday 15th June 2019: Family Fun Day, 10.00am – 3.00pm
Join our 2018 – 100 CLUB – a great way to support us while having a bit of a flutter!
Annual membership costs £12.00 and buys you one number, which enters you into a monthly draw. All participants must be over 16.
There are still numbers available to purchase for details please get in touch @ firstname.lastname@example.org
1st – Sarah Pastor
2nd – Linda Walpole
3rd – Paula Cartwright-Jones
1st – Emma Doherty
2nd – Julian Maynard
3rd – Scott Harrington-Moss
1st – Karl Wilks
2nd – Mollie King
3rd – Mrs L A Collins
What has our fundraising provided for the school?
Over the past year we’ve raised money for the School from the following events:
- The Christmas Fair raised £625.24
- Our June Disco raised £300.21
- Our Family Fun Day and Dog Show raised £939.45
- The January Movie Quiz raised £65.00
- Our Race Night in April raised £130.70
During the year we donated money towards:
- Exercise Books
- World War 1 Figures
- Enrichment Archery equipment
- Rock Star Maths App.
- Leavers Disco
- Digital Camera equipment
If you have any fundraising ideas, skills or time on your hands and would like to help, please get in touch by emailing: email@example.com
Help raise money for the school…by shopping!
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising a free donation for Friends of Saxmundham Free School? There are nearly 3,000 retailers including Amazon, John Lewis, Aviva, thetrainline and Sainsbury’s, who will donate a percentage of the amount you spend to Friends of Saxmundham Free School to say thank you for shopping with them.
It’s really simple, and doesn’t cost you anything.
All you have to do is:
1. Go to http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/saxmundhamfree
2. Sign up for free
3. Install the Donation Reminder – a very handy reminder that takes seconds to install and ensures you will always make a donation to the Free School. One caution on this, it doesn’t work for Amazon or Ebay. They can be accessed through the normal easyfundraising website.
4. Get shopping – your donations will be collected by easyfundraising and automatically sent to Friends of Saxmundham Free School. It couldn’t be easier!
There are no catches or hidden charges and Friends of Saxmundham Free School will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.
Chair – Claire Brown
Vice Chair – Vicky Tischer
Secretary(s) – Rachel Coxage
Treasurer – Julie Maynard
Post: The Friends of Saxmundham Free School, Seaman Avenue, Saxmundham, Suffolk, IP17 1DZ
The Friends of Saxmundham Free School are a registered charity – No. 1066940