Welcome to the Saxmundham Free School website!
Message from the Headteacher
Thank you for your interest in Saxmundham Free School. It is with great pride that I welcome you to our website and hope that this will encourage you to come and visit our school for yourselves.
As Headteacher what I most want to tell you about is the feel of the school, its ethos and the philosophy which will underpin its success.
After their first visit to Saxmundham Free School, there are three things people often say to me – how tangible our school ethos is, how distinctive the school is and how pioneering we are. Imagine, then, how positive that environment is for the students who attend and study here.
Yes, we are hugely ambitious academically for our students; we want them to secure results that will enable them to go on to the world’s best universities and on to careers of significance, influence and service. But we also want them to live lives which are personally and socially fulfilling. In the time students are at Saxmundham Free School, we can develop within them a love for art, music, dance, performing and culture through our strong enrichment programme, which will enhance the whole of their lives.
The school ethos is based on the ‘6Cs to Success’ (Co-operation, Commitment, Confidence, Community, Challenge and Celebration). These provide the basis for both staff and students and along with our School and Trust motto of “providing a foundation for life” are an integral part of our school community.
I am very proud of our students and staff at Saxmundham Free School. It is a school where everyone feels valued, their achievements are recognised and they feel safe to achieve.
I would invite you to come and visit the school and see this for yourself as a prospective parent / carer.
- 22 – 23 April 2014 – Professional Development Days
- 23 April 2014 – St Georges Day
- 24 April 2014 – Students return to Saxmundham Free School
- 30 April 2014 – Careers Fair
- 30 April 2014 – Post-16 Pathways Evening
- 01 May 2014 – Y8 Progress Evening – change of date
- 02 May 2014 – Open Day 1 for prospective new students and their parent / carers
- 02 – 04 May 2014 – Duke of Edinburgh Practice Expedition
- 05 May 2014 – May Day – Bank Holiday
- 07 May 2014 – Parent Focus Group 5 – 6pm
- 09 May 2014 – Open Day 2 for prospective new students and their parent / carers
- 09 May 2014 – Y7 History Trip to Framlingham Castle
- 14 May 2014 – Parents Open Forum 9 – 10am
- 15 May 2014 – Spring Term Talent Showcase
- 15 May 2014 – Y10 History Trip to Framlingham Castle
- 20 May 2014 – Kitchens of the Globe 5 (South America) 12.15 – 12.45pm
- 22 May 2014 – PCP5 Reports to parents / carers
- 22 May 2014 – National Day of Argentina
- 22 May 2014 – May Half – term
This term we will be adding events to our website as they are confirmed.
It has been a truly wonderful first term as Headteacher and I have very much appreciated the continuous support of parent / carers shown towards the school, through attending events and giving your views at the appropriate forums as well as the way in which you support your sons and daughters to achieve their very best.
Next term we have two Open Mornings and two Open Evenings, I hope that you will take this opportunity to promote these events to any prospective parent / carers who may be interested in being part of Saxmundham Free School. If you would like further details then please contact the main school office.
If any prospective parent / carer would like to visit the school then please do not hesitate to contact the school on 01728 633910 or via the email address email@example.com.
Please visit the Saxmundham Free School blog for the latest news about our school and Key Documents for our latest School Newsletter.